Since I skipped last month’s report, here are our numbers and a few comments for both December and January.
- 19 commentary articles published
- 72 pickups or citations (3.73 per article on average)
- We had an interesting back and forth sparked by Kevin Carson‘s piece “Libertarian-splaining to the Poor.” It was responded to by the Future of Freedom Foundation‘s Jacob Hornberger and republished by a few outlets. Most interestingly, it was picked up by the Quad-City Times and the Muscatine Journal.
- Joel Schlosberg‘s tribute article “Carl Sagan and the Beginning of History” was picked up by the website Celebrating Sagan!
- Grant A. Mincy‘s ode to the season of peace at the end of December, “Aylan’s Shoes“, was picked up both by Counterpunch and, most unusually, by the Pakistanese website The News! Thanks a lot for that, Grant!
- Nick Ford was able to score another great pickup for us. Utah’s The Spectrum saw fit to republish his “End the Real War on Christmas: War.”
- 20 commentary articles published
- 63 pickups or citations (3.15 per article on average)
- Gary Chartier‘s defense of the Hammonds’ freedom also got the attention of The Spectrum.
- Nick Ford managed to get us into another unusual outlet. Connecticut’s Hartford Guardian liked his “Obama’s Tears for Ableist Fears“. Also of note: Nick’s “Flint’s Toxic Waters Reflect Government” was republished on a few networked African-American community websites. It ran on LA Black Post, Baltimore Black, and National Black Guide. January could be officially dubbed the Nick Ford month on C4SS, because he also got us on the Cop Block website with his “Ferguson, Accept No Substitutes: Abolish the Police!“
- The Arab-American News picked up Sheldon Richman‘s excellent “Hillary Clinton: Least Fit of All.”
Some general comments:
- It’s worth noticing we’ve maintained a steady output. Over the last two months, we had an op-ed for almost every week day of the month!
- Also, thankfully, we’ve been able to tackle subjects that are being picked up by several publications. A goal I had set myself when I started as Media Coordinator was to get an average of 3 pickups per article at least. I’ve been able to do it by expanding the pool of publications we send our work to. At the moment, we send our op-eds to almost 3,400 publications worldwide. And I’m still working on getting more newspapers and websites on our list (as well as trimming the fat!).
- Augusta Free Press has been a great partner of ours, republishing a lot of our work. In January, News LI has also started doing so. Thank you for getting our word out there!
- Sheldon Richman has been our runaway champion in pickups. In his 10 articles published in December and January, he had an average of 5.8 pickups. Congrats and thanks for all the great work, Sheldon!
This is it! As you can see, we’ve been doing a lot, but we can do even more with your help.
Please donate and help us spread the word of anarchy and freedom! You can do it via Paypal below or various other methods!