Some numbers and interesting notes about C4SS media activities in September:
- 12 op-eds were published and sent to various media outlets;
- There were 34 pickups, totalling almost 3 per op-ed — an excellent average (in August, by comparison, our work was cited and picked up a paltry 10 times);
- Chad Nelson’s “Obama’s Legacy Will Not Be One of Peace” was notably picked up by WesternJournalism.com (and five other outlets);
- Dawie Coetzee’s “Dieselgate: Why VW Will Come Out Smelling Like Roses” was picked up both by The Seoul Times and by The Costa Rica News (aside from other two outlets). We’ve had a good relationship with both outlets for a while now, and it’s good to see that they are still happy to give our content more visibility;
- If we’re talking sheer numbers, Kevin Carson’s “‘Peace Through Strength,’ And Other Lies” seems to have struck a chord: it was picked up 6 times during the month!
Now, we also continue to cultivate a good relationship with outlets such as CounterPunch, Antiwar.com, the Augusta Free Press, and a few others. As I stated last month, our focus is gradually shifting to online media, and I think our numbers from now on will start to reflect that.
One thing I should note: I’m settling on dates around the 10th of each month to publish our Media Coordinator report. That gives me more time to check if our pieces were republished and makes it less likely that we miss a pickup. Our late month reports didn’t work well for pieces published by the end of the month.
If you think we’re doing good work, help us spread the word of anarchy even more! Make a donation!