Dear C4SS Supporters,
Well, I don’t know if March is coming in like a lion for us, but it’s definitely not lamb-like. We managed to get in a fight with Andrew Breitbart’s popular conservative web site, Big Government, this week and, well, you know what happened next. Ideological differences aside (although we’ll certainly be happy to continue the conversation), our thoughts are with Mr. Breitbart’s family.
This week I’ve submitted 9,572 Center Op-Eds to 2,763 publications worldwide, and have discovered seven “mainstream (or at least popular) media” pickups and citations of our material:
- Florida’s Hernando Today ran David D’Amato’s “Anarchy Not Apathy” on February 24.
- On February 27th, Big Government columnist Brandon Darby responded to Kevin Carson’s “Should Occupy Use Violence? I Dunno — Should the Cops?” with the broadside “Occupy ‘Revolutionary Scholar’ Begins to Openly Discuss Use of Violence” (to which Carson retorted with “On Brandon Darby and ‘Sanctioned Use of Force”).
- On February 28, David D’Amato’s “The Ethos of Empire” appeared in the Dhaka, Bangladesh New Age and in the Baltic Review.
- Also on February 28, the Nogales, Arizona Internationalpublished Kevin Carson’s “Nazi Exceptionalism; or, How Godwin’s Law Gets It Backward.”
- And, finally, today, the Center was published in the Pensacola, Florida Voice (Kevin Carson’s “Romney’s ‘Free Enterprise System”: As Statist as Stalin’s Five-Year Plan”) and mentioned in Massachusetts’s South Coast Today (“Editor’s Note: From the Left/From the Right: To satisfy that avid appetite for politics”) … as a counterpoint to the Ayn Rand Institute!
We are now within a decent week or two of reaching our 500th pickup — only 11 to go! Have a great weekend, and please, continue to support the Center!
Yours in liberty,
Center for a Stateless Society