Dear C4SS Supporters,
A bit of a slow commentary week (our writers leaned more toward feature articles than newspaper op-eds) — I’ve submitted 3,561 Center op-eds to 1,781 US publications.
On the “pickup” end, however, we did keep our head above the “five pickups per week” waterline, but just barely and due to an old, previously un-detected, pickup finally making an appearance on Google:
- That “long lost pickup” was of Kevin Carson’s “Under Capitalism, Welfare State’s Main Function Is Corporate Welfare,” which appeared in Chicago’s Times Weekly on November 28, 2012.
- Kevin’s “The Strategic Defeat of Labor: Your Government at Work,” ran in the Libby, Montana Western News on March 5.
- Also on March 5, the Deming, New Mexico Headlight published my own “Health Care: When Krugman is Right …”.
- On March 7, Jason Lee Byas’s recent column on the Keystone XL pipeline appeared in El Librepensador as “Oleoducto Keystone XL y la Justicia de no construirlo.”
- On March 8, Counterpunch ran Dave Hummels’s “The Will of the People Doesn’t Mean Jack to the Drug Warriors,” complete with headline expletive that we wholeheartedly agree with but omitted because we’re so sensitive to the requirements of “mainstream newspapers.”
Have a great weekend!
Yours in liberty,
Center for a Stateless Society