Dear C4SS supporters,
A brief update:
– No “mainstream print media” reprints of C4SS material this week that I know of … yet.
– I say “yet” because I do have a warm and fuzzy feeling about the prospects for today and the weekend. Over the last 96 hours I’ve submitted six C4SS commentaries to an aggregate total of about 2000 publications (there’s some overlap, i.e. some publications have received more than one submission).
– Internet link love includes AntiWar.Com’s “Viewpoints” section (to Darian Worden’s article on Bradley Manning and Infoshop News (to Kevin Carson’s latest, “‘Free Enterprise’ is Not Free Enterprise”).
– Our Google News mentions seem to be grinding downward into the mid-teens, despite our continued posting of C4SS content to AlterNet. I haven’t figured out why this is happening, but the obvious fix is more reprints in more publications. Working on it!
– On the list-building front, my US newspaper distribution list has gone from 840 last week to 1200 and change (I’m still awaiting bounce notifications, etc., so I don’t have an exact number) as of this writing. By state, I’m into the letter “N” and about to start in on New York.
– A bit of a teaser here — it’s not a definite go yet, and I’d like feedback on it from any of our readers who podcast, blog, etc. Would you be interested in a free periodic (daily, perhaps, or semi-weekly) email newsletter from the Center? The newsletter we’re considering would be a short roundup of hot news topics with suggested talking points to help you keep your own material relevant and exciting. And, of course, the Center would be prepared to provide you with guests for your podcast or other type of show to discuss those topics and talking points. Let me know what you think about that idea in comments.
That’s the update for now. Have a great weekend!
Yours in liberty,
Center for a Stateless Society