Dear C4SS Supporters,
This week I’ve submitted 5,343 Center commentaries to 1,782 newspapers, all in North America. I’ve also tracked down five media pickups of Center commentaries, and one media “mention” — a letter to the editor in Florida’s Hernando Today, responding to an unidentified Kevin Carson piece.
- David D’Amato’s “Big Profit’s for China’s ‘Big Four'” appeared in The Baltic Review on March 30.
- The Dhaka, Bangladesh New Age ran David D’Amato’s “‘Moral Crime’ in the Total State” on March 31, and Kevin Carson’s “Jeremy Hammond: Another Hero of the Freedom Movement” on April 6.
- Taiwan’s China Post published David D’Amato’s “‘Moral Crime’ in the Total State” (as “Gov’t should distinguish between vice and crime”) on April 4 — C4SS’s first pickup in that country, so far as I know.
- Kevin Carson’s review of Bruce Schneier’s Liars and Outliers appeared in The St. Joseph, Missouri Telegraph on April 5 [PDF -- see page 10].
My quick take: We’re continuing to average about one C4SS commentary pickup per weekday, and we’re seeing more and more media mentions and responses. It’s a long, slow upward trend. We’ll keep trying to move faster, though.
Our bottom line for getting out the market anarchist message at this tempo is about $30,000 a year. That’s chump change compared to what the state’s supporters spend day in and day out promoting their message. Will you help us make that nut — or even surpass it, so that we can add more writers, produce more content, disseminate it more widely, etc.? If we averaged even a buck a month from those who follow our work on Facebook alone, we’d be over the current budget hump and moving on to bigger things. Support the Center (and have a great weekend)!
Yours in liberty,
Center for a Stateless Society
Citations to this article:
- Harry E. Chamberlain, Fact or fiction?, Hernando [Florida] Today, 04/05/12