Dear C4SS Supporters,
I apologize for the long break between updates — things were fairly quiet at the Center around the holidays, and I had a cross-country move to attend to which ended up resulting in about a week sans Internet. Since the last update, I’ve submitted 9.084 Center op-eds to 2,762 publications worldwide, and have noted seven pickups and one citation of Center material:
- On December 6 (I missed this pickup earlier), Utah’s Salt Lake City Weekly published Kevin Carson’s “Why Romney Never Saw it Coming,”, which was in turn cited on December 26 in the same paper by Edward Cheadle in “Power Deludes.”
- On December 24, Jeremy Weiland’s “Some Unions are More Collusive Than Others” appeared in the Deming, New Mexico Headlight.
- Also on December 24, Alan Furth cracked open Spain’s media for the Center when El Libreprensador published his “El Gobierno argentino contra el Grupo Clarín.”
- Florida’s Hernando Today ran Kevin Carson’s “Why I Don’t Much Like Liberals” on December 26.
- My own “2012: Maybe the Mayans Were Right” ran in the Deming, New Mexico Headlight on December 31 and in Los Angeles, California’s Eastside News on January 3.
- Kevin Carson’s “Authority is the Enemy of Rationality,” ran (as “The Hierarchy Machine: Authority is the Enemy of Rationality”) in OpEd News on January 11.
As of today, the Center has identified 673 “mainstream media” reprints and citations of its material since we began tracking them in mid-2010. My goal — a bit more ambitious than the numbers and the trend beg for, but hey, let’s aim high! — as media coordinator is to get that number to 1,000 by the middle of 2013. You can help us achieve that by pointing out our material to YOUR local newspaper, and by supporting our work as we continue to solicit and publish the work of market anarchist writers.
Have a great weekend!
Yours in liberty,
Center for a Stateless Society